Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Day in the life of a St. Anne Spa Goer: Part 3



To end my memorable day at St. Anne’s, a Swedish massage seemed the most appropriate. It was also medically necessary as I was suffering from a stiff neck for the past couple of days. My massage therapist, Frank, had just the right touch to ease my aches and pains away. He used a technique called Sui Kodo (in shiatsu known as ‘way of wisdom’). This technique included muscle point releases and easing muscle stretches. This was one of the best therapeutic massages I’ve received from a spa in a long time. I left that treatment table a new woman. The memory of my stiff neck almost extinguished.


Sadly, I left Frank and headed down to the shower room to get ready to leave. St. Anne’s is a full service spa, so one only needs to bring a change of clothes. They have all the amenities, such as hair dryers, soap, lotions, etc. that you need (unlike some other high end spas that I’ve been disappointed at).


Only thing left to do now was to wait for my driver to take me back to the station. As I looked out at the entrance, I couldn’t help but feel a little sad at leaving – but I must say, I did have my thorough fill of St. Anne’s which should last me till the next visit.


Looking out, I saw the sun setting with its rays peeking through the branches of the trees onto the glistening snow. There really are not enough words to describe that state of sublime tranquility, peace and restfulness that I felt at that moment. I came to St. Anne’s a tense, busy mom, and was leaving a refreshed and invigorated new mom ready to embrace my little one and experience a whole new set of adventures as we were to enter the second half of her first year!

So, as I’ve said earlier, I highly recommend that everyone try St. Anne’s at least once in their life. The ambiance alone is worth the trip. You will not want to miss this exceptional oasis in Ontario.

1 comment:

Make-up Junkie said...

Loved this review - I felt calm and relaxed just reading it! I'm so glad the spa experience left you feeling rejuvenated. Busy mom's need days like this! I gotta try this spa for sure!