Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Great Therapeutic Find in the Heart of Toronto

To end off the 2007 year, I decided to treat myself to a great and affordable massage. The signs of parenthood were starting to take their toil on my neck, back and achy legs. So, not only did I need a relaxing break, but I needed a real deep treatment to help relieve my aches and pains. I have heard nothing but praises from many of my girlfriends for the Nouvelle Maria spa located inside the enchanted Le Royal Meridien King Edward hotel.





I was originally introduced to this spa by one of my girlfriends. She had a slight annoyance with the sometimes not so quiet atmosphere at some of the local spas. The Nouvelle Maria spa is a quaint and seemingly hidden spa, which makes it ideal for those who just want to find some peace and quiet amidst the hussle and bussle of downtown life. The Nouvelle Maria spa is located at 37 King street, just a couple minute walk east of Yonge street which makes it easily accessible by TTC.

I have to admit, that the spa does not offer as many ammenities, such as whirlpools and swimming pools as some other downtown establishments. As well, the facilities do look like they could use a bit of a touch up. But, they make up for it with their friendly service, legitimately therapeautic massages and extremely affordable price. During my recent visit to the spa, I treated myself to a 80 minute massage due to my many sore areas. The cost of my 80 minute massage was only $110 ($116 after taxes). Some spas can charge up to 90 for a 50 minute massage, hence, this is a great deal. I do find many of the rates quite reasonable. You can check out http://www.nouvellemariaspa.com/ for more details.


What I really like about this particular spa is the quality of their massage therapists. I have had a couple massages in the past and found the therapists highly skilled in deep massage and pressure point release. Some spas offer only light, or as some say, 'fluffy' massages,meant mainly for relaxation. I was really pleased with how relieved and relaxed I felt after my treatments at Nouvelle Maria. My mother commented that she had one of her best massages at this location as well. Another girlfriend said that she liked the 'chiropractic' like feel of her treatment and highly recommended this spa to others.




As for ammenities, the Nouvelle Maria Spa offers dry saunas in the change rooms and a relaxing common lounge where one can sit and read while sipping their lovely hot or cold lemon water. As I said earlier, what Nouvelle lacks in ammenities they well make up for in their affordable prices and excellent massage services.



I highly recommend this spa if you're looking for a great therapeutic touch at an affordable price amidst the business of city living.

1 comment:

Mia said...

Been there on several occassions. I had one girl a Tanya who gave me one the best massages I've ever had